Somewhere along the way I’ve lost myself.
It seems my identity is deeply hidden beneath what I do and for whom I do it.
I proudly wear the title of friend, daughter, sister, wife, mother, and Mia to my first grandchild. I’m very comfortable in these roles. I love being these things to my people. I am very much aware of the blessing of family God has gifted to me, and I wouldn’t desire life any other way.
Yet when asked who I truly am outside these roles, I find it extremely difficult to conjure up an intelligible response. Truth be told, when the labels are stripped away, I am quite uncertain of who I am. And that scares me.
So I’ve decided to take a little journey.
- To peek into my past
- To ponder where I’ve been and where I’m headed
- To revisit the beautiful portions
- To recall the heartaches, however painful – and the good I’ve known because of them
- To identify my struggles – and to allow myself some grace as I work through them
- To dive deep into God’s word as I uncover the camouflaged path set before me
- To know my Creator more intimately
- To understand more clearly what it is I mean to Him
All in hopes of finding myself again.
Perhaps you, too, are searching for your purpose, trying to find your way, or hoping to discover your worth. If so, sweet friend, may I invite you to join me on this quest? I don’t know exactly what it will look like, nor do I know how quickly the answers will come. But this I know, when we seek solutions within God’s Word, we will never be disappointed.
So off I go, in search of me ….